Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Police 2007 - 2008 World Tour



Saw them!!!
It was everything I expected and a bit more. I figured that they would sound good. I knew I would enjoy the show. I was surprised at how enthused The Police were and how the enthusiasm carried through the crowd.

The opening act was "Fiction Plane". My brother had already explained to me that "Fiction Plane" was a band lead by Sting's son, Joe Sumner. Even without that knowledge, it would have been likely that I would have figured that out on my own. He looks and sounds like his father in many ways, with enough of a shift to not sound like a young version of his dad. Fiction Plane is a band that will go far with or without the support of "The Police".

I could go into a long list of what I liked about the concert and detail how the show went, but Kira Schlechter of the Patriot-News wrote a near perfect article. The only additional comment I would have made is that it was great to hear (and watch) Andy Summers do solos. Back in the 80's, he never got to do that. I suppose it was because it would not have fit the Punk feel of the band.

Of course, the best part of the concert was that I went to see it with my brother and sister-in-law. We get to spend so little time together. It was great to be able to take most of a day and just go do something without being interrupted. And if your going to go do something, well . . . It might as well be watching the Police back together again.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have like 2 Police Records.... Thats cool you got to go to there concert.

~Er!n