Saturday, March 10, 2007

Adoption - four years down

It was four years ago today that Dan and I sealed the adoption deal. And oh what a deal! Three different homes, a broken rake, busted lock boxes, three trips to the emergency room, one 90 day D&A program, one thirty day boot camp, a job at the truck wash, and several bottles of Excedrin. Cussing, swearing, taking off in the middle of the night, knife holes in doors, strange people in my home, and girlfriends. MDEs, IEPs, and 'Five Star'. What fun we have had.

Fishing trips to Canada, Christmas Holidays, Risk, Milk Money, and other games. Shooting guns, gutting fish, trying to make his life better was my wish. Satisfaction has finally come in seeing Dan become a trusted and respected craftsman. Thank You Mia!

Was it all worth it, I ask myself? Answer - Hell Yea!

No comments: