Monday, August 07, 2006

Warhammer 40K

Did it again. Dan and I spent too many hours in front of the computer playing Dawn of War, a Warhammer 40K video game.

We originally started playing 40K a couple of years ago. It is a tabletop miniature game with futuristic armies. Basically you spend lots of money on little plastic figures that are only 25 to 30 mm tall, spend hours upon hours painting them, and then commit them to the trials of table top warfare. More often than not, you get beaten, are dissatisfied with your army, and start the whole process over again. (Check it Out -- Games Workshop Warhammer 40K Site)

Then comes the computer variety. Much more for the fast of finger (vice the steady of finger, for those who paint), Dawn of War is an online variety of 40K that requires no plastic soldiers, no painting, and lots of free time. Once you start playing, you do not want to stop.














Not wanting to let my miniature army get covered in the dust of non-use, I decided to see how the Macro/Micro function worked on my cheapo digital camera. Not Bad -- But needs improvement.

The next thing I want to do is make a slide show with the models. I don't know if I will be smart enough to make them move, but I'll probably give it a try.

If your not to keen on painting miniatures, you can check out the Dawn of War Website. Either way, a great game that provides hours of fun and frustration.

No comments: