Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Milton PD and Me.

I don't know why I keep having to call the Milton Police Department. It happens to frequently, but I am glad that they respond promptly and without complaint.

My oldest boy (living with me) called me into his third floor bedroom tonight. He had to show me something. I figured he was finding excuses to not go to sleep and tried to put him off. Probably a good thing that I didn't blow him off. From his bedroom window you could see someone kicking in a door across the street. It happened to be the door to the apartment complex in which my oldest son lives.

I, of course, called the police. But not until I had walked down to the street and gotten outside the now kicked in door. Whoever had kicked in the door had managed to smash in the bottom half of the door and had apparently climbed through and gone up the steps. I figured that this person was in the apartments hallway because I could hear shouting and banging noises.

While on my phone with Officer Embick, I heard this as yet unknown person or persons start banging their way down the stairs. I ran like a chicken to the parking lot.

I was only quasi-relieved when I realized I knew the person coming out of the broken door. I went over and told him that I had called the police. He was upset. I explained (I'm not sure why?) that I hadn't seen who it was, but didn't apologize for calling the police. Officer Embick and Officer Engelman showed up and dealt with the intruder(?).

Ok. That was my fun and excitement for the night. It also kept the kids up a little later than I would have liked.

Looked up the Milton PD website (Check It Out -- Milton Police Dept.) and found it to be lacking. The Chief listed hasn't been the Chief for about a year. The Chief is currently Craig Lutcher. I'm thinking that their site needs a remake and there must be a student at the highschool who could do it for a graduation project.

Later.

No comments: