Saturday, June 19, 2010

R2Egg2

I bought a Motorola Droid the day after Christmas this past year.  It was part gift for myself and part gift from others.  I have fallen in love with it.  I have become one of those people I used to make fun of.  I always have it with me, am always reading texts and emails, and struggle to put it down when dining out with friends.  It is like an addiction.  A social networking addiction?  Maybe.


I started a Twitter Account because of my droid (R2Egg2 - yes, I named it).  Egg2 has opened up other social networking applications to me.  I just started "foursquare" and I "Yelp*".  I get my daily doses of Facebook directly to Egg2.  My Google (Gmail) mail, calendar, task list, and documents sync together, so I am never without access.  My favorite podcasts (Slate political Gabfest, Radio Free Burrito, and NPR All Songs Considered) load directly to the Droid.  Egg2 plays my music, holds my pictures, and shoots video (streaming live to http://qik.com/kurteeck or the bottom of this blog).  I've even used it as metal detector at work (Tricorder App!).  It is the coolest toy ever (for now).

Plus, now that I have posted this, you can click through the links and hit me up from the net or SMS me at 570-486-4443.

Later.

No comments: